Want to know how a scholarship
can affect your studies?
Meet our scholars and hear their story!
Curious about what it takes to
be a scholarship recipient?
Check out the stories of our example applicants!
Want to know what scholarships
you can apply for?
Take a look at our future undergraduate scholarships brochure!
- Searching for scholarships
- Scholarship email alert
- When can I apply?
- What are the requirements for an application?
To find the most appropriate scholarship for their situation, current and future students are encouraged to do the following:
- Explore the Scholarships website - scholarships are categorised on the homepage, first based on citizenship, then undergraduate or postgraduate, then future or current student.
- Use the search facility - don’t forget that the more filters you select, the more specific the results will be.
- If you are looking for a particular scholarship and know the name of the scholarship, use the keyword search.
- Sign up for Curtin's Scholarship Email Alert! service and receive an email alert whenever a scholarship that matches your criteria is opened for applications. You'll also receive a reminder email one week before applications close.
- Download a brochure - these are available for principal's recommendation, merit, financial need (low socio-economic status), and Indigenous students.
- Go to the information sessions that are held on University Open Day and other occasions.
- International students should also look for scholarships at Curtin AusAid scholarships and at the Endeavour Awards
- When in doubt - contact the Scholarships Office - we are here to help.
Please note that full details and application forms (where required) are shown only for scholarships that are open.
The Scholarships Email Alert is a free email subscription service that is offered by the Scholarships Office to keep you informed on when scholarships open for application. All current and future students can sign up by filling out the short online subscription form. Once you have subscribed, you will receive an email alert whenever a scholarship that matches your criteria opens, or is about to close.
Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate future students normally open in August respectively of the year before study commences. Scholarships for all current students normally open in October prior to semester one and June prior to semester two.
Each scholarship will have specific eligibility requirements for application, all of which will need to be met in order to apply - these will be provided in the web entry for each scholarship.
Eligibility criteria could include some of the following:
- Having a specific nationality;
- A specific ATAR or course weighted average (CWA) or research capacity (merit based scholarships);
- Being enrolled or have applied for a specific course;
- Being able to demonstrate financial hardship (need based scholarships);
- Being able to demonstrate leadership skills or community involvement.
Merit based scholarships are primarily based on academic performance. The 'excellences' are decided solely upon academic performance - achieving a designated ATAR score and conforming to Curtin’s application requirements are the criteria. Industry/business funded scholarships often require an applicant to have good academic results and also be able to demonstrate why they are interested in their studies and that company.
Need based scholarships are designed to assist students who may be disadvantaged through personal circumstances that affect their ability to access higher education, including financial, geographical, social and other circumstances (low SES).