Accepting your scholarship
Curtin University may be required by law or permitted to disclose scholarship recipients' information to outside sources.
This will never be done without your knowledge or consent. Please see Curtin's Disclosure of Information Policy for more information.
In order to accept an offered scholarship, you will need to read, complete, sign and return the paperwork that is sent to you from the Scholarships Office.
Your ability to defer your offer will depend on the type of scholarship you have:
- Curtin funded scholarships depend on the Terms and Conditions of the specific offer, as some scholarships do not allow deferral. If deferral is allowed, you may defer your Curtin scholarship for a maximum period of twelve (12) months. Should you not commence your studies at the expiration of this period, your scholarship offer will lapse.
- Commonwealth Scholarships cannot be deferred. Students must be enrolled full-time (a minimum of 75 credits after the Census Date) in the semester that they have been awarded the scholarship.
- Externally funded scholarships depend on the Terms and Conditions of your offer. The majority of scholarships do not allow deferral.
Undergraduate/postgraduate coursework conditions
When awarded a scholarship you are required to sign documentation that outlines the Terms and Conditions of your award. This will contain:
- Criteria to retain eligibility;
- Payment details; and
- Enrolment requirements and conditions
The Terms and Conditions documents will be a recipient’s primary point of reference with regards to their scholarship.
Research Scholarship Terms and Conditions
If you are awarded a Research Scholarship, and wish to accept the offer, you are required to :
- Review the associated Research Scholarship Terms and Conditions of Award as outlined in your Scholarship Offer.
- Accept your Research Scholarship Offer by signing and returning your Research Scholarship Conditions of Award to email@example.com.
- Complete the GRS Scholarship Payment Starting Advice [.pdf]