Need more information?
A designated Scholarships Officer will be the first point of contact for student loan matters.
For the purposes of this policy, the Scholarships Officer responsible for the administration of Emergency Student Loans is referred to as a Loans Officer.
The student must book an interview time with the Loans Officer located at the Student Services Scholarships Office, Student Services, Building 101. If attendance at the Bentley campus is not possible, the interview may be conducted by other means as deemed appropriate by the Loans Officer. The Loans Officer will provide the relevant application paperwork to the applicant prior to the interview.
Before attending the interview the applicant must:
- Complete the application form as prescribed by the Academic Registrar;
- Ensure their statutory declaration is appropriately witnessed;
- Gather documentation that supports financial need; and
- Obtain the signature of a parent or guardian if under the age of eighteen (18).
The applicant should then consult with the Loans Officer and provide all supporting documentation that demonstrates financial need during the interview.
To be considered for a loan, the student must provide, where requested:
- Details of personal income, expenditure and assets;
- Identification (for proof of number and age of dependants); and
- A clearly written statement explaining the reasons for the loan request.
The type of documentation required to support a loan application may include, but is not limited to:
- Proof of employment or income (i.e. payslips/statement of Centrelink payments);
- Copy of bill/quote of the required payment;
- Accommodation bond (invoice or receipt);
- Bank statement indicating transactions and savings;
- Quotes for optometry/physiotherapy/dental or other medical costs; and/or
- Official letters of support or authorisation; e.g. from Embassies or educational institutions, medical or counselling staff.
Students who experience difficulties that impact adversely on their loan repayments should contact the Loans Officer immediately for advice on their situation.