Why sponsor a scholarship
Sponsoring a scholarship
For the sponsor
There are many reasons to sponsor a scholarship:
- Companies will gain an early opportunity to select from the best up-and-coming students in their field and enhance their brand through association with a leading Australian University.
- A scholarship will help to raise the profile or a company, organisation or individual within an industry or in the wider community by showing commitment to the education and facilitation of learning at the University.
- A scholarship may be established to remember or honour a student, family or staff member of the University
- An individual or group sponsored scholarship is a token of loyalty to the University; in appreciation of the efforts of individuals and groups within the University.
- To meet the training requirements of the 457 visa.
- A sponsor may wish to ‘give something back’ to the University after having been involved in University through work or study.
- A sponsor may be passionate about a cause in the University and wish to show support or establish a scholarship for many other individual reasons.
- A department/school wishes to encourage and support students to undertake an honours year or specific research.
For the student
For some, a scholarship enables them to reach their potential as a contributor to society, when they would otherwise not have been able to. For others, it rewards their achievements, empowers their personal development and strengthens awareness that their personal success is interdependent with the contributions and support of other individuals and organisations.