2022-2023 - Fulbright Scholarships
Applications open: 2/03/2021
Applications close: 6/07/2021
About this scholarship
The Fulbright Program is the flagship foreign exchange scholarship program of the United States of America, aimed at increasing binational research collaboration, cultural understanding, and the exchange of ideas. Fulbright Scholarships enable Australian postgraduate students, researchers, and professionals to undertake programs of study (Master’s/PhD) or research in the U.S. in any discipline.
For a full list of scholarships for Australian citizens, please visit the Fulbright website here.
- Current Students
- Centre for Aboriginal Studies
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Postgraduate coursework
- Higher Degree by Research
- Curtin students wanting to study overseas
- Australian Citizen
- Merit Based
- A monthly living allowance
- Travel allowance for international flights to/from the United States
- An establishment allowance (dependent on the award)
- Placement services support for postgraduate students seeking to complete a full U.S. master’s degree
- A dependent allowance (varies on award)
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Attendance at the Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- Enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- Access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright Alumni
- Ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- Media and publicity support
For the accurate information on the benefits, please visit Fulbright website here and click the applicable scholarship categories that you may be eligible to apply.
All postgraduate students, PhD researchers, postdoctoral candidates and faculty.
Who can apply?
Fulbright Scholarships are open to applications for Australian candidates who satisfy the following criteria.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen (by birth or naturalisation)
- Can apply as postgraduate students who seek to complete a full U.S. master's degree,
- Can apply as PhD researchers who seek to complete a full U.S. PhD program or part of their Australian PhD in the U.S.
- Can apply as postdoctoral candidates, academics or professionals who seek to complete a period of research in the U.S.
- Must have an undergraduate qualification
- Should aim to create, contribute to, or otherwise enhance Australian-American bilateral research collaborations
- All applicants are required to include a letter of invitation from their proposed institution with their application (except postgraduate students seeking to complete a U.S. master’s program)
- Applicants should first read the Eligibility & Conditions section of the Australian Applicants page.
- Applications must be completed and submitted via the online portal (see below for instructions and access). Applications emailed or posted to the Commission cannot be considered.
- Applications and references must be submitted online no later than July 6
- Select applicants will be invited for interview in August/September
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of the year
- Successful applicants must commence their programs between next July and June of the following year.
- To discuss your application aspirations with someone in your area, please consider reaching out to one of our Campus Advisors.
- For details of how to apply and application forms visit Fulbright website here
Changes to Enrolment
For more information on eligibility and selection criteria, application form and guidelines, please visit Fulbright website.
Fulbright Campus Advisers - Curtin University
Fulbright has assigned alumni advisers to each Australian university. The campus advisers are all Fulbright alumni who are available to discuss their exchange experiences with potential applicants, as well as to give basic information about our scholarship programs. To see the Fulbright campus advisers, please click here.
You can watch a pre-recorded webinar to find out more!