Curtin HDR Scholarships
The next Curtin HDR Scholarship Round for International and domestic students will open mid-2022.
How to apply
To apply for a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) scholarship at Curtin University, you need to receive an Invitation to Apply, via an advertised research project. There is also no guarantee that an invitation to apply, means you have secured a scholarship.
HDR Scholarships are allocated after an extensive assessment process at Curtin University. Once the scholarship nominations have been assessed by the HDR scholarship selection committee, applicants will be notified of the outcome in late 2022. It is important to be aware that whilst you may be granted admission to undertake the advertised research project, there is no guarantee your scholarship application will also be successful.
Applicants are required to follow these steps.
- Review the advertised research projects (not yet advertised)
- Submit an expression of interest (EOI) for one of the advertised research projects. You will need to include a copy your current curriculum vitae
If the Project Lead (research supervisor) determines you are the best candidature for the project, you will receive an Invitation to Apply and instructions on how to submit your admission AND scholarship applications.
- When submitting your Application for admission to a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) course, you will need to include a copy of the project leads invitation to apply. (This invitation to apply is confirmation of your scholarship application)
- In support of your scholarship application, the Project Lead will complete the Primary referee report. You will be required to organise a secondary referee, (either an academic or professional referee) to also support your scholarship application.
When the next round opens, all steps above are to be completed by mid-2022 (details will be provided closer to the round opening dates). The scholarship selection committee will assess all applicants, thereafter, independent of the admission assessment.
HDR Curtin students will be required to follow these steps.
- Discuss with your primary supervisor if applying for an RTP scholarship is appropriate for you and your research project. Ask them to complete a primary reference in support of your application. You will also need to request a secondary referee from an academic or professional referee in confidence.
- Email your current curriculum vitae (must include current research project details) to HDRSCHfirstname.lastname@example.org. With email subject line: Curtin HDR Scholarship application: your name, student ID number.
What happens next?
Scholarship applications will be considered via an extensive assessment process at Curtin University. Once the nominations have been assessed and shortlisted by the University HDR scholarship selection committee, all applicants will be notified of the outcome in late 2022.
For details regarding eligibility, selection process, entitlements and recipient responsibilities, please refer to the Scholarship conditions of award.
You can also sign up for the Scholarship email alert to be notified of matches to your nominated criteria.