Curtin Strategic Scholarships
The 2022 Curtin Strategic Scholarship Round for International and domestic students opens Monday 19 July 2021.
How to apply
Applicants are required to follow these steps.
- Review available projects
- Submit the online Expression of Interest Form to the Project Lead
- Arrange referee reports (see below for details)
The Project Lead will shortlist and notify all applicants if they have been successful or not. Unsuccessful applicants can review remaining projects that may be of interest to them. The Project Leads will advise the successful applicants to proceed with the steps below and submit a primary reference in support of their application directly to the Graduate Research School.
- Once you have confirmation that you are the preferred applicant for your chosen Curtin Strategic project, you are required to send the external referee report to either an academic or professional referee. Referees must complete and submit their report to the Graduate Research School in confidence. These reports are not to be viewed by the applicant and therefore, must be submitted to HDRSCHfirstname.lastname@example.org by the referee themselves.
- Submit your Application for admission to a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) course. As part of your admission documents you will need to include a copy of the project leads invitation to apply.
All steps above are to be completed by 13th August, 2021 so your application can be presented to the Curtin strategic selection panel for consideration.
HDR Curtin students are required to follow these steps.
- Two referees. Referees must submit directly to HDRSCHemail@example.com
- Discuss with your current primary supervisor if applying for a Strategic scholarship is appropriate for you and your research project. Ask them to complete a primary reference in support of your application; and
- Request an external referee report from an academic or professional referee in confidence.
- Email your current curriculum vitae (must include current project details) to HDRSCHfirstname.lastname@example.org; include in the subject line: Strategic Scholarship application: your name, student ID.
What happens next?
The 2022 Curtin Strategic Scholarship Round for all students closes Friday 13th August, 2021. Applications will be considered via an extensive assessment process at Curtin University. Once the nominations have been assessed and shortlisted, all applicants will be notified of the outcome in September 2021.