2019 - Go Global Staff Funded Scholarship (Academic Merit)
Applications open: 22/10/2018
Applications close: 8/03/2019
About this scholarship
Go Global Staff Funded Scholarships are available to assist students who demonstrate high academic merit to participate in the 2019 Go Global program. Find out more on Go Global program.
The Staff Funded Go Global Scholarship is funded by generous staff through Give to Change Curtin’s staff giving program. For more details on Give to Change program please visit here.
Successful recipients of this scholarship will be asked to participate in at least one of the activities listed below to help thank staff donors and promote the program to the Curtin community. See eligibility criteria for more information on these activities.
- Current Students
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Postgraduate coursework
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- International Student
- Merit Based
The Scholarship provides a one-off cash payment of $1,000 to assist with costs associated with participating in the Go Global program 2019.
Cash payment is based on a full-time enrolment of 75-100 credits per study period. Part-time enrolment will result in a part-time payment of half the full-time value.
Payment will be made approximately mid-late May.
Undergraduate courses – 3rd or 4th year in 2019
- Bachelor of Science (Exercise, Sports and Rehabilitation Science)
- Bachelor of Science (Health Promotion)
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing and Midwifery)
- Bachelor of Science (Nutrition)
- Bachelor of Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Bachelor of Science (Pharmacy)
- Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy)
- Bachelor of Science (Speech Pathology)
- Bachelor of Science (Nutrition)
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
- Bachelor of Science (Social Work)
- Bachelor of Science (Human Biology)
- Bachelor of Science (Health Science)
Postgraduate courses – 1st or 2nd year in 2019
- Master of Dietetics
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Nursing
- Master of Psychology
- Master of Physiotherapy
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Master of Pharmacy
- Master of Biomedical Science
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Sexology
Note: You do not need to be accepted to the Go Global Program at the time of the scholarship application. However, you must apply for the Go Global program before you apply for the scholarship.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Go Global Staff Funded Scholarship:
- Enrolled part-time or full-time at Curtin University
- Minimum course weighted average (CWA) of 60 (if applicable)
- Will be enrolled in an eligible undergraduate degree or postgraduate courses in 2019
- Undertaking the Go Global program in 2019
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship
Note: The scholarship will be awarded based on course weighted average (CWA).
Step 1: Apply
- Application form can be accessed via the ‘My Studies’ tab in OASIS or via the ‘Apply Online’ button on the top right-hand side of this page
Step 2: Complete
- Complete the application form online
- Application form can be saved at any point of the process
- Multiple scholarships can be applied for at one time
- Tips on how to complete your application can be found under the ‘Application Advice’ tab on the scholarships website
Step 3: Submit
- Closing date is listed at the top of this page and within the Scholarships Channel on OASIS
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed
- Once submitted, application status will change to submitted
Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt will be sent to student email once application has been submitted
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application form
- Academic merit (CWA)
Step 6: Outcome
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of their outcome via the Scholarhsip Channel (Student OASIS) within approximately 6-8 weeks of the scholarship closing date
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must accept the terms and conditions via the Scholarship Channel (Student OASIS) by the deadline
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient merit
- Scholarship will commence from first semester of study for which the scholarship was awarded
- Scholarship is not transferrable to another major, course or university
Unless there are exceptional circumstances such as, but not limited, to medical or family reasons, students must meet all of the following:
- Undertake Go Global program in 2019
- Participate in at least one of the activities listed below to help thank staff donors and promote the program to the Curtin community:
- Provide a testimonial to be used online to promote Give to Change to Curtin staff
- Have a photograph taken, to accompany the testimonial mentioned above
- Feature in a short promotional video for Give to Change to encourage staff to support the program and/or thank staff for supporting the program
- Provide statements to local media if a press release is developed to promote the program.
- Attend staff functions to meet staff who have supported the Staff Funded Go Global Scholarship.
Changes to Enrolment
If a recipient intends to do any of the following they must also apply in writing to the Scholarships Office (email@example.com) for approval BEFORE the change. The Scholarships Office will advise how the change will affect their scholarship.
- Change from full time enrolment
- Change of course
Leave of Absence is not permitted.
Withdrawal or Terminated from units or course: A recipient who withdraws from their units or course of study, or has been terminated from studies will become ineligible for continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further payments and will be required to repay to Curtin University the stipend awarded for that study period if applicable.
Telephone: (08) 9266 2992
Fax: (08) 9266 3279
Go Global Program
Telephone: (08) 9266 [3267 / 9154 / 2183]
For further information about holding more than one scholarship contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For advice on how to complete your application refer to the scholarships application guidelines.
For advice on your Centrelink payments and how your scholarship could affect your payment please see the Department of Human Services website or contact a Centrelink Office. If you require a letter about your scholarship for Centrelink, please contact the Scholarships Office.
Generally scholarship money paid to full-time students is not treated as taxable income, but if your study load is less than 75 credits (part-time) your scholarship money is not tax exempt. Other than the full-time study requirement, the general rule is that scholarships are exempt from taxation unless:
- it is a condition of the scholarship that a recipient is required to undertake activities that are of use, help or benefit to the scholarship provider - then the student is rendering a service by agreeing to undertake those activities;
- during or upon completion of the degree for which the scholarship is awarded a candidate is required to become, or shall continue to be, an employee of the funding body; or
- an award is received by a student where the scholarship is not provided principally for educational purposes.
The Australian Tax Office has a tool to help you determine if your scholarship is taxable. For expert advice please contact the Australian Taxation Office or your accountant when completing your annual Tax Return. If a letter regarding your scholarship is required for taxation purposes, please contact the Scholarships Office.
Check out a promotional YouTube video for the scholarship here https://youtu.be/PWFpamQ-4Sc