2019 Sustainable Engineering Group Scholarship at Curtin University
Applications open: 11/01/2019
Applications close: 1/03/2019
About this scholarship
The student will compare the sustainability performance of 3 D printed products with conventionally manufactured products (OEM) and remanufactured products. This will involve the determination of the mechanical characteristics of these products and the use of sustainability assessment tools, such as life cycle assessment, eco-efficiency strategies and triple bottom line matrices to assist with the sustainability assessment.
- Future Students
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Engineering courses
- Higher Degree by Research
- Mature age students
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- International Student
- Merit Based
$30,000.00 per annum, tax free
- 1.5 year Master of Philosophy (Corporate Sustainability).
- This MPhil project can be converted to a PhD depending on the candidate's performance and availability of additional funding/support.
Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students enrolled in a Master of Philosophy degree for the equivalent of at least three months full-time, and shown exceptional ability in the conduct of the early stages of the research project (which is clearly capable of being extended and converted to Doctoral level), can apply for a conversion into the Doctor of Philosophy program. Conversion of enrolment from Master’s to a Doctoral program requires the approval of the Faculty Graduate Studies Committee.
- The candidate must have bachelor’s degree in either Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Candidate with a publication records in this or similar areas to the proposed research is desirable.
- The candidate should have demonstrated capabilities in conducting research independently.
- The candidate is required to work within a multidisciplinary research environment.
- Must meet Curtin University admission criteria https://futurestudents.curtin.edu.au/research/apply/admission-criteria/
To apply, please email an EOI to Associate Professor Wahidul K Biswas firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The candidate should provide a detailed CV and a one page Expression of Interest (EOI) detailing his/her knowledge and interest in this research area.
- The CV should include the names and contact addresses of 2 potential referees.
- Complete the candidacy (Milestone 1) within the first 3 months of enrolment.
- Complete analysis within one year.
- Complete first draft of the thesis 3 months before the end of this MPhil program.
- HDR Students are required to achieve candidacy and meet their milestone annual reports.
Changes to Enrolment
This is a full-time position only.
Applications close on 1st March 2019. Late applicatons will not be accepted.