Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships
The RTP Scholarship Round for domestic students opens on 8 July 2022.
How to apply
To apply for a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) scholarship at Curtin University, you need to receive an Invitation to Apply, via an advertised research project.
HDR Scholarships are allocated after an extensive assessment process at Curtin University. Once the scholarship nominations have been assessed by the HDR scholarship selection committee, applicants will be notified of the outcome in November 2022. It is important to be aware that whilst you may be offered admission to undertake the advertised research project, there is no guarantee your scholarship application will also be successful.
Future HDR students
Applicants are required to follow these steps.
- Review the advertised research projects (from 8 July to 19 August)
- Submit an expression of interest for one of the advertised research projects. You will need to include a copy of your current curriculum vitae. Applicants can only be nominated for one project
If the Project Lead (research supervisor) determines you are the best candidate for the project, you will receive an Invitation to Apply and instructions on how to submit your admission AND scholarship applications.
- When submitting your application for admission to a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) course, you will need to include a copy of the project lead’s invitation to apply. (This invitation to apply is confirmation of your scholarship application)
- In support of your scholarship application, the Project Lead will complete the Primary referee report. You will be required to organise a secondary referee, (either an academic or professional referee) to also support your scholarship application.
All steps above are to be completed by 31 August 2022. The scholarship selection committee will assess all applicants, thereafter, independent of the admission assessment.
Current Domestic HDR Curtin Students
Current Domestic HDR Curtin students will be required to follow these steps.
- Discuss with your primary supervisor if applying for an RTP scholarship is appropriate for you and your research project. Ask them to complete a primary reference in support of your application. You will also need to request a secondary referee report from an academic or professional referee in confidence.
- Email your current curriculum vitae (must include your current research project details, and any publication or creative work outputs since enrolment) to HDRSCHemail@example.com. With email subject line: RTP Scholarship application: your name, student ID number.
To be considered for this scholarship, Curtin domestic HDR current students also need to have maintained their enrolment and be on Good Standing. The committee will also consider the timely completion of all relevant milestones
All steps above are to be completed between 8 July and 31 August 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
What happens next?
Scholarship applications will be considered via an extensive assessment process at Curtin University. Once the nominations have been assessed and shortlisted by the University HDR scholarship selection committee, applicants will be notified of the outcome in November 2022.
For details regarding eligibility, selection process, entitlements, and recipient responsibilities, please refer to the Scholarship conditions of award.
You can also sign up for the Scholarship email alert to be notified of matches to your nominated criteria.