Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship
The 2022 RTP Scholarship Round for domestic students opens Monday 12 July 2021.
How to apply
Applicants are required to follow these steps.
- Review available projects
- Email the Project Lead to express your interest in the project with RTP scholarship support
- Ensure you include your experience, skills and how they align with the research project; and
- Attach your current curriculum vitae
- Arrange referee reports (see below for details)
The Project Lead will shortlist and notify all applicants if they have been successful or not. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by the project lead as soon as possible, as you may wish to apply for other available RTP projects. The Project Lead will advise successful applicants to proceed with the steps below and submit a primary reference in support of your application directly to the Graduate Research School.
- Once you have confirmation that you are the preferred applicant for your chosen RTP project, you are required to send the external referee template to either an academic or professional referee that must complete and submit their report to the Graduate Research School in confidence. These reports are not to be viewed by the applicant and therefore, must be submitted to HDRSCHfirstname.lastname@example.org by the referee themselves.
- Submit your Application for admission to a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) course. As part of your admission documents you will need to submit a copy of the project leads inivitation to apply.
All steps above are to be completed by 30 August, 2021 so your application can be presented to the University RTP Selection Committee for consideration.
Current domestic students
Domestic HDR Curtin students are required to follow these steps.
- Two referees. Referees must submit directly to HDRSCHemail@example.com
- Discuss with your current primary supervisor if applying for an RTP scholarship is appropriate for you and your research project. Ask them to complete a primary reference in support of your application; and
- Request an external referee report from an academic or professional referee in confidence.
- Email your current curriculum vitae (must include current project details) to HDRSCHfirstname.lastname@example.org; include in the subject line: RTP Scholarship application: your name, student ID.
What happens next?
The 2022 RTP Scholarship Round for domestic students closes on Monday 30 August, 2021. Applications will be considered via an extensive assessment process at Curtin University. Once the nominations have been assessed and shortlisted by the University RTP selection committee, all applicants will be notified of the outcome in November 2021.
For details regarding eligibility requirements, selection process, entitlements and scholarship recipient responsibilities, please refer to the Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship Procedure.
You can also sign up for a Scholarship Email Alert which will email you whenever a scholarship that matches your nominated criteria becomes available.