2018 - MBA (Advanced) International Student Scholarship
Applications open: 11/04/2017
Applications close: 25/08/2018
About this scholarship
The MBA (Advanced) International Student Scholarship has been developed by Curtin Graduate School of Business to encourage and support international students who have chosen to study the two year Master of Business Administration (Advanced) as full-time onshore international students at the Curtin Graduate School of Business (CGSB).
- Future Students
- Curtin Business School
- Postgraduate Coursework
- International students
- Merit Based
The MBA (Advanced) International Student Scholarship will provide the following support for the expected duration of the MBA (Advanced) for up to a maximum of 2 years (based on a full-time study load of 75 credits each trimester):
- A total maximum value of $20,000, paid as $1,250 towards the tuition fees of each unit for students completing the 16 units MBA (Advanced) Program
- A total maximum value of $15,000, paid as $1,250 towards the tuition fees of each unit for students who commence the MBA (Advanced) Program after completing a Graduate Certificate in Business and who are required to complete the remaining 12 units of the MBA (Advanced) Program.
- The contribution toward student fees will be paid directly to the student fee account at the census date relevant to each enrolled study period and cannot be used for any other purpose.
Two year Master of Business Administration (Advanced) at Curtin Graduate School of Business
All students applying for these scholarships should have received an offer into the MBA (Advanced) Program as Full Time Onshore International Students at Curtin Graduate School of Business and should have met all conditions mentioned in the offer letter.
- Be an International student
- Be a commencing student in 2018
- Applying to study the MBA (Advanced) at the Curtin Graduate School of Business
- Will be enrolled as a full-time onshore international student (at least 75 credits) each trimester
Conditions that need to be met to keep your scholarship
Recipients must meet ALL of the following:
- Remain enrolled in the MBA (Advanced) at the Curtin Graduate School of Business
- Maintain enrolment each trimester
- Pass all units attempted each semester
- Successfully complete the MBA course
Scholarship continuity is subject to meeting satisfactory academic progress and meeting all the terms and conditions of the scholarship. Progress will be assessed at the end of each study period. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, a recipient with unsatisfactory progress or who breaches the scholarship conditions shall be ineligible to retain the scholarship and may be required to repay the fee contributions already received for the scholarship. Exceptional circumstances must be forwarded to and shall be at the discretion of the Scholarships Office in consultation with a representative of CGSB.
Changes to enrolment
If a recipient intends to do any of the following they must also apply in writing to CGSB for approval BEFORE the change. CGSB will advise how the change will affect your scholarship.
- Change of course is not permitted
- Change of immigration status may result in the suspension of future scholarship payments
- Leave of Absence is not permitted
How to apply
Applicants applying for the course will be automatically assess for the scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required.
All qualifying applications from international applicants for the Master of Business Administration (Advanced) at Curtin University will be automatically assessed for the MBA (Advanced) International Student Scholarship.
Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in the MBA (Advanced) application form
- Academic merit
- Documentary evidence attached to the MBA (Advanced) application
Curtin Graduate School of Business will assess each application accordingly and issue a separate Scholarship Offer Letter, along with the Letter of Offer to the MBA (Advanced) Course, to confirm whether the applicant has been awarded a scholarship.
Need more information?
Curtin Graduate School of Business
T: (08) 9266 3460
Please select base content