2019 - Geotechnical and Pavement Engineering Group PhD Scholarship
Applications open: 1/06/2019
Applications close: 1/09/2019
About this scholarship
Theme: Early damage reduction in pavements including the use of bio-assisted methods.
This project investigates the use of bio-assisted method (or bio-cementation) for preventing early damage in pavements, aiming at avoiding the greatly reduced pavement lifetime due to insufficient curing time. The PhD candidate will work on this project with Associate Professor Mohamed Shahin as part of an Australian Research Council (ARC) Research Hub for Smart Next Generation Transport Pavements.
- Future Students
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Engineering courses
- Higher Degree by Research
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- International Student
- Merit Based
The successful candidate shall receive a stipend valued at $27,596 per annum, tax-free. The duration of the scholarship is three years with a possible extension of up to six months providing that the student meets eligibility guidelines as per the conditions of award. If the successful candidate is an international student, the scholarship will cover tuition fees offset for the duration of the award.
Higher Degree by Research: PhD - Civil Engineering
- Bachelor degree (H1 or First Class Honours) in Civil Engineering or related fields
- English language proficiency (refer to the English language requirements in Curtin University website)
- Knowledge or Master’s degree in relevant research field including publications is desirable
Send an expression of interest (one page) together with:
- CV (including publication works and two academic referees),
- English testing score (international applicants only) and
- Transcripts of academic record
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact name: Associate Professor Mohamed Shahin
Must be enrolled full-time.
Associate Professor Mohamed Shahin
School of Civil and Mechanical Engineering
Curtin University, Perth WA, Australia
The applications will be examined continuously and the selected candidates will be invited for an online interview.