Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia Scholarships
Applications open: 15/04/2021
Applications close: 14/06/2021
About this scholarship
One merit based PhD scholarship is available for the holder to conduct research in a project funded by Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia.
This project investigates the potential of microbially induced biominerals for applications as in-situ barriers in different mining environments. The study will involve development of novel microbial based biocement barriers and approaches to advance our understanding of microbial-mineral interactions under varying physico-chemical conditions in mining environments. This is a multidisciplinary project and requires knowledge of microbiology, molecular biology, geochemistry and advanced OMICS tools to investigate biomineralisation mechanisms.
- Future Students
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Engineering courses
- Higher Degree by Research
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- International Student
- Merit Based
- The successful candidate shall receive a stipend valued at $28,597 per annum, tax-free (indexed annually).
- The duration of the scholarship is three years with a possible extension of up to six months providing that the student meets eligibility guidelines as per the conditions of award.
- If the successful candidate is an international student, the scholarship will cover tuition fees offset for the duration of the award.
The applicant must meet the academic entry requirement for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy program including the English proficiency levels set by Curtin University https://futurestudents.curtin.edu.au/research/
- Bachelor’s degree (H1 or First Class Honours) in Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Biomedical Sciences/ Chemical engineering or related fields.
- Knowledge or Master’s degree in relevant research field including publications is desirable.
- On-shore candidates will be preferred
Please send an expression of interest (one page) together with:
- CV (including publication works and two academic referees),
- English testing score (international applicants only) and
- Transcripts of academic record
The successful candidate must enrol full-time into the PhD program and meet their Milestone (candidacy) requirements.
The applications will be examined continuously and the selected candidates will be invited for an online interview.