Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia Scholarships
Applications open: 25/08/2020
Applications close: 25/11/2020
About this scholarship
Two merit based PhD scholarships are available for the holders to conduct research in a project funded by Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia. This multidisciplinary project investigates the application of organic, inorganic and bacterial based barriers for containment and sealing during in-situ Recovery operations in mining environments.
The project will involve physical, chemical, biological, geochemical, mineralogical and microbial characterisation of substrate samples obtained from mine sites. Their properties will be assessed in relation to the application of conventional and biocement barriers under controlled laboratory conditions. The efficacy and robustness of different barriers will be evaluated under different physical conditions.
- Future Students
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Engineering courses
- Higher Degree by Research
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- International Student
- Merit Based
- The successful candidate shall receive a stipend valued at $27,596 per annum, tax-free (indexed annually).
- The duration of the scholarship is three years with a possible extension of up to six months providing that the student meets eligibility guidelines as per the conditions of award.
- If the successful candidate is an international student, the scholarship will cover tuition fees offset for the duration of the award.
The applicant must meet the academic entry requirement for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy program including the English proficiency levels set by Curtin University https://futurestudents.curtin.edu.au/research/
- Bachelor’s degree (H1 or First Class Honours) in Civil Engineering/ Materials Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Microbiology / Biotechnology or related fields.
- Knowledge or Master’s degree in relevant research field including publications is desirable.
Please send an expression of interest (one page) together with:
- CV (including publication works and two academic referees),
- English testing score (international applicants only) and
- Transcripts of academic record
The successful candidate must enrol full-time into the PhD program and meet their Milestone (candidacy) requirements.
The applications will be examined continuously and the selected candidates will be invited for an online interview.