PhD in Lung Cancer Screening and Early Detection - Registered Primary Medical Degree
Applications open: 9/12/2019
Applications accepted at any time
About this scholarship
A three year fully funded PhD scholarship is available for an outstanding candidate to conduct research into the feasibility of developing a lung cancer screening program in Australia and include analysis of data from the International Lung Screen Trial. The PhD will include implementation science and healthcare policy, technology translation and clinical knowledge transfer aspects of a population-based lung cancer screening program. The PhD candidate will be supervised by experts in early detection of lung cancer, healthcare analytics and population health including Prof Fraser Brims & Prof Suzanne Robinson (Curtin University).
- Future Students
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Higher Degree by Research
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Merit Based
The successful candidate will receive a negotiable stipend per annum.
The duration of the award shall be for three years with a maximum possible extension of up to six months.
Must meet the minimum academic entry requirement for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy program including the English proficiency levels set by Curtin University.
A registerable Primary Medical degree
• Preferably be experienced in respiratory medcine and/or population health and screening practices
• Preferably have experience in research and/or the use of statistical packages; and
• Preferably have experience of publishing peer-reviewed research.
Please email Prof Fraser Brims (email@example.com) with an expression of interest, with:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic transcripts
- A brief covering letter (no more than 2 sides A4) that addresses the eligibility criteria. The letter should explain why you are interested in the project and how your skills, attributes and experience make you a good candidate for the award.
- Must enrol in the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program via full-time study mode.
- Must meet Higher Degree by Research Milestones (candidacy) requirements.
Prof Fraser Brims
Director Early Years Clinical Training
Curtin Medical School
Phone: 08 9266 2333
The scholarship is funded through generous philanthropic support.