HDR 2021 PhD Scholarship in Dynamic Quantum Networks
Applications open: 18/02/2021
Applications close: 31/08/2021
About this scholarship
Based in the Curtin-Cisco Centre for Networks within the School of Elec Eng, Comp and Math Sci (EECMS) at Curtin University is an exciting opportunity for a PhD Scholarship in a strong team working to support the fast growth of the laboratory on future Internet technologies.
You will carry out research and experimental work in the field of Quantum Internet with focus on:
- Control plane and algorithm development for dynamic quantum networks
- Software development for quantum key distribution and distributed quantum computing
- Integration of quantum cryptography with other cyber security protocols
- Integration and coexistence of quantum network and classical network
- Quantum secured 5G networks
- Future Students
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Higher Degree by Research
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Merit Based
This scholarship provides a living stipend of $28,597 p.a. pro rata indexed, based on full-time studies, for up to a maximum of 3 years
Successful applicants will receive a 100% Fee offset.
Any eligible candidate wishing to study a PhD in Dynamic Quantum Networks
- Have an honours or master degree (with dissertation component) in networks or communications
- Have experience in
- Network control plane
- Optical network
- Software defined networks
- Network security
- Only applicants who currently reside in Australia are eligible to apply.
To express your interest to be involved with this exciting partnership between Curtin and Cisco working at the cutting edge of intent based networking through research, educational offerings, and application development, please send an email to Ash Roberts Ash.Roberts@Curtin.edu.au stating how you meet the above listed eligibility criteria, and attach your academic transcripts and CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Recipients must complete their milestone 1 within 6 months of enrolment and remain enrolled on a full time basis for the duration of the scholarship.
Ash Roberts Ash.Roberts@Curtin.edu.au