2022 Curtin International Scholarships – Merit Scholarship
Applications open: 1/09/2021
Applications close: 15/10/2022
About this scholarship
Curtin University strives to give high achieving students around the world the opportunity to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education. Through the Merit scholarship, Curtin welcomes eligible students who have citizenship in any country other than Australia.
This scholarship category awards eligible students 25% off their first year of tuition. Curtin University acknowledges the importance of being one of Australia's most multicultural university campuses and this scholarship aims to grow the trust and confidence in Curtin University as a place for students to further their studies, careers and life experiences.
- Future Students
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Postgraduate coursework
- International Student
- Merit Based
This scholarship provides eligible students 25% off their first year tuition fee, up to a maximum of 200 credit points only.
- All undergraduate degrees available to international students
- All postgraduate degrees (master by coursework only) available to international students
Please see Curtin's website for more information about courses.
This scholarship is only for:
- International, fee-paying, non-sponsored students of any nationality except Australian
- Students commencing studies at Curtin’s Western Australia campuses for the first time in 2022
- Students commencing a full Curtin undergraduate or master by coursework program
Please note that this scholarship:
- Covers a maximum of 25% of the first-year tuition fee up to a MAXIMUM of 200 credit points only
- Can only be applied in full for students who are completing a minimum of 400 credit points within their mainstream course
- Will only amount to 25% of the first semester tuition fee for students who are completing a minimum of 300 credit points within their mainstream course
- Only covers tuition fees and does not cover any other international student expense
- Will be credited to recipient’s fee account by census date of the study period
- Scholarship value credited cannot be accessed/refunded in cash
- Can be revoked at the discretion of Curtin if recipient already has a scholarship or sponsorship
- Can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified
- CANNOT be retained if a recipient defers their studies beyond a June 2022 start date
- CANNOT be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university
- Will NOT be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin
There is no separate scholarship application required. Students are invited to apply for the Curtin course through one of Curtin University registered education agents OR apply directly to Curtin online
All qualifying applications to Curtin are automatically assessed for the Curtin International Merit Scholarship. Admissions Office will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
To accept the scholarship, the recipient must:
- Meet any conditions listed in their Letter of Offer
- Have met or exceeded the higher academic cut-off specified by Curtin, specific to this scholarship.
- Pay the indicative deposit and OSHC indicated in their Letter of Offer
- Be aware of the dates and deadlines by which the above need to have been completed
To prevent the scholarship being revoked, the recipient:
- Must remain enrolled in initial course and major of study unless approved by Curtin International
- Must maintain a full time enrolment of 100 credit points each semester or study period
- Cannot breach the scholarship conditions outlined in their acceptance document
- Cannot take a leave of absence or withdraw from their units or course of study
- Cannot be terminated from studies
- Must abide by Curtin's policies and procedures, Student charter and not be found guilty of serious misconduct
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
T: (Calling from within Australia) +1300 222 888 (Select Options 2-2-1)
T: (Calling from overseas) +61 8 9266 5888
International Future Student Services is located on the Bentley Campus (Building 102).
Business hours: Mon - Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm