2022 Starter Support Scholarship
Applications open: 1/09/2021
Applications close: 1/06/2022
About this scholarship
Curtin University recognises that you may be impacted by the travel restrictions to Australia due to the Novel Coronavirus and offers you the Starter Support Scholarship to provide financial assistance to support you in those circumstances.
Curtin University has also extended this scholarship to assist international students located outside of Australia travelling to Western Australia to undertake on campus studies in the first-half of 2022.
- Current Students
- Future Students
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Postgraduate coursework
- International Student
- Need Based
This scholarship category awards international students who are commencing or continuing studies in the first-half of 2022 who are unable to travel to Western Australia due to border and/or travel restrictions. Also eligible for this scholarship are international students (new or current) travelling from outside Australia to undertake on-campus studies with Curtin at one of Curtin University’s Western Australia campuses in the first-half of 2022. All students must be enrolled in a minimum of 50 credits to be eligible. Students enrolled in a full time course load. e.g. 100 credit points in Semester 1, 2022 will receive AUD$5,000.
Students who are current or previous recipients of a Curtin Scholarship will receive AUD$2,000. All other students will receive a pro-rated amount equivalent to one of the following:
- Enrolled in 50 credit points AUD$2,000 reduction
- Enrolled in 75 credit points AUD$3,750 reduction
- Enrolled in 100 credit points AUD$5,000 reduction
- All undergraduate degrees available to international students
- All Postgraduate degrees (by coursework only) available to international students
Please see Curtin's website for more information about courses.
This scholarship is only for:
- Students travelling from outside of Australia to Perth, Western Australia, to study on campus with Curtin University in the first half of 2022.
- Students studying online with Curtin University, outside of Australia and remain/continue in that study mode in the first half of 2022.
- Students commencing (or continuing) a Curtin undergraduate or postgraduate by coursework program at one of Curtin University's Western Australian campuses
Please note that this scholarship:
- Is ONLY available for those who are studying on an Australian student visa
- Is NOT for students who are already onshore studying in Australia prior to 2022.
- Is NOT available to sponsored students
- Only applies to units enrolled with one of Curtin University's WA Campuses
- Will be credited to recipient's fee account during the semester and cannot be accessed or refunded to the recipient in cash
- Can be revoked at the discretion of Curtin if recipient already has a scholarship or sponsorship
- Can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified
- CANNOT be retained if a recipient defers their studies beyond a 2022 start date
- CANNOT be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university
- Will NOT be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin
All qualifying applications to Curtin are automatically assessed for the Starter Support Scholarship.
To accept the scholarship, the recipient must:
- Meet any conditions listed in their Letter of Offer
- Pay the indicative deposit and OSHC indicated in their Letter of Offer
- Be aware of the dates and deadlines by which the above need to have been completed
Changes to Enrolment
To prevent the scholarship being revoked, the recipient:
- Must remain enrolled in initial course and major of study unless approved by Curtin International
- Cannot breach the scholarship conditions outlined in their scholarship offer document
- Cannot take a leave of absence or withdraw from their units or course of study
- Cannot be terminated from studies
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
T: (Calling from within Australia) +1300 222 888 (Select Options 2-2-1)
T: (Calling from overseas) +61 8 9266 5888
International Future Student Services is located on the Bentley Campus (Building 102).
Business hours: Mon - Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm