2022 HDR Scholarship - by Centre of Infrastructural Monitoring and Protection (CIMP), School of Civil and Mechanical Engineering
Applications open: 7/01/2022
Applications close: 31/12/2025
About this scholarship
Two PhD student scholarships are available in the Centre of Infrastructural Monitoring and Protection (CIMP), School of Civil and Mechanical Engineering at Curtin University, Australia. The successful candidates will work with Associate Professor Wensu Chen on his Australian Research Council Future Fellowship project regarding “Multi-hazard resilient hybrid modular structures” along with Professor Hong Hao. This project aims to develop multi-hazard resilient sustainable modular structures. New modular connections will be developed and structural response of hybrid modular structure to multiple hazards including impact, blast, wind and earthquake, will be investigated through a combination of experimental, numerical, and analytical studies. This scholarship application is open until filled.
- Future Students
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Engineering courses
- Higher Degree by Research
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- International Student
- Merit Based
- The successful candidate will receive a stipend valued around $29,000 per annum.
- The duration of the scholarship shall be for three years with a possible extension of up to six months provided the student meets eligibility guidelines as per the conditions of award.
- The scholarship will cover tuition fees for the duration of the award.
Doctor of Philosophy-Civil Engineering
- For both domestic and international students.
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor degree (first-class honours or upper second-class honours) in Civil and Structural Engineering or related fields.
- Language requirement: IELTS, Overall 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0 or TOEFL, Overall 79, Reading, 13, Listening 13, Speaking 18, Writing 21. Details can be found at https://study.curtin.edu.au/applying/english-language-requirements/accepted-english-proficiency-tests/
- Other general admission requirements and procedures can be found at http://futurestudents.curtin.edu.au/research/apply/.
- Applicants with Master degrees with technical publications and research experiences in structural engineering, structural dynamics and protective structures are preferred.
To apply, please send your expression of interest together with your CV, English score, qualifications, publications and transcripts to Associate Professor Wensu Chen via email email@example.com.
Dr Wensu Chen
Associate Professor, Centre of Infrastructural Monitoring and Protection (CIMP)
School of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, Curtin University
Phone: +61 8 9266 9468