2022 - HDR Scholarship - Destination Australia Scholarship
Applications open: 14/01/2022
Applications close: 31/10/2022
About this scholarship
The Destination Australia Scholarship has been developed by the Australian Government to encourage students to study in regional Australia whilst receiving a high quality learning experience. The scholarship is available to mining and metallurgy students who will be completing their full degree at the Curtin Kalgoorlie campus.
Whilst studying at Curtin Kalgoorlie, students have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and build industry networks. The Kalgoorlie campus also provides access to modern accommodation, a gym, outdoor recreation spaces and a thriving student social club.
Applications are open until scholarships are exhausted.
- Future Students
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Higher Degree by Research
- International Student
- Merit Based
This Destination Australia Scholarship is valued at $15,000 per annum for the expected duration of the eligible course, up to four years.
- The scholarship will be paid as a cash stipend of $7,500 per semester.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Mining and Metallurgical Engineering)
- Master of Philosophy (Mining and Metallurgical Engineering)
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for the Destination Australia PhD Scholarship:
- Commencing Doctor of Philosophy (Mining and Metallurgical Engineering) or Master of Philosophy (Mining and Metallurgical Engineering) at Curtin Kalgoorlie in semester 1 or 2, 2022
- Reside in Kalgoorlie for the duration of their eligible course
- Full-time student
- Willing to provide a testimonial to be used for promotion and reporting purposes
- Willing to engage with your regional community, networking, professional and/or personal development opportunities offered through your regional campus
- For international students: maintain a Student Visa for the duration of the scholarship in order to ensure protection under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000.
Students who completed their undergraduate / postgraduate degrees in Bentley / Kalgoorlie campus and will be commencing their new course (the eligible courses above) in Kalgoorlie campus in 2022 are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Step 1: Download application form
- Application form can be accessed on the top right-hand side of this page
Step 2: Complete
- Complete the application form
Step 3: Submit
- Print, sign and submit your application form via email or post.
- Closing date is listed at the top of the page
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed
Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt will be sent to your student email once your application has been submitted
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application form
- Academic merit
Step 6: Outcome
- Outcome will be sent via email supplied in the scholarship application
- All unsuccessful and successful applicants will be notified
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must accept the terms and conditions by the deadline
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient merit
- Scholarship will commence from the semester of study for which the scholarship was awarded
- Scholarship is not transferable to another major, course, campus or university
Recipients must meet all of the following:
- Remain enrolled in the eligible course at Curtin Kalgoorlie campus
- Maintain a full time study load each study period
- Reside in Kalgoorlie for the duration of their course
- Must maintain satisfactory research progress
For further information please contact:
Research related & admission related questions
Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 8 9266 4906
Scholarship application related questions
T: 1300 222 888
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions
For further information about applying for scholarships including important dates and tips for preparing your application, utilise the resources available on the Applying for Scholarships webpage.
Personal Information: Personal information will be managed in accordance with the Destination Australia 2022 Grant Opportunity Guidelines and Curtin University’s Privacy Statement. Applicants must read the Guidelines and Privacy Statement in conjunction with this website prior to applying for the scholarship.