2023 - Curtin Excellence Scholarship
Applications open: 4/04/2022
Applications close: 19/12/2022
About this scholarship
The Curtin Excellence Scholarship has been developed to encourage and reward students who have demonstrated academic excellence through their ATAR in 2022 and want to pursue study at Curtin University.
Application forms are not required, students apply by selecting an eligible Curtin degree through TISC as their first preference.
Students who receive the StepUp bonus and therefore achieve the required ATAR will be eligible for this scholarship.
- Future Students
- Centre for Aboriginal Studies
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Year twelve students
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Merit Based
The Curtin Excellence Scholarship will provide the following support:
For students who receive an ATAR between 96 - 96.99:
A total value of $5,000 paid as a cash stipend of $2,500 per study period for up to one year.
For students who receive an ATAR of 97 or above:
A total value of $15,000 paid as a cash stipend of $2,500 per study period for up to three years.
The amount can be used at the recipient's discretion to contribute towards educational related expenses.
All undergraduate degrees, excluding the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
Candidates must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for a Curtin Excellence Scholarship:
- Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian permanent humanitarian or New Zealand citizen
- Undertaking year 12 WACE in 2022
- Apply through TISC and select Curtin as first preference by 19 December 2022
- Receive an ATAR between 96 - 96.99 for the one year scholarship or 97 or above for the three year scholarship
- Receive and accept an eligible offer at Curtin for Semester 1, 2023 by the offer lapse date
- Will enrol full-time (at least 75 credits points each study period) into an eligible course at Curtin University
- Students who receive the StepUp bonus and therefore achieve the required ATAR will be eligible for this scholarship.
- Students who are required to sit the STAT test may still be eligible for this scholarship, provided they meet all the other eligibility criteria and receive an offer of a place into an eligible course in second round offers.
This scholarship is deferrable for up to one year
Application form not required - please follow the steps below.
Eligibility and Assessment
Step 1: Select preferences through TISC
- By 19 December 2022, select an eligible degree through TISC and select Curtin as first preference.
- Eligible degrees listed in ‘Eligible Courses’
Step 2: Course Offer
- Receive an offer for an eligible degree at Curtin for Semester 1, 2023
- Successful candidates must accept their course offer before the course offer lapse date
Step 3: Outcome
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded to all eligible students
- Successful candidate(s) sent notification via email listed through TISC after main round offers
Step 4: Acceptance
- Successful candidate(s) (including those who wish to defer their studies) accept scholarship by the deadline specified in offer email
- Deferral of this scholarship is permitted (details included in scholarship terms and conditions)
- Scholarship will commence from first semester of study
- Scholarship is not transferable to another university
Recipients must meet all of the following:
- Remain enrolled in an eligible course of study
- Maintain a full time study load of at least 75 credit points each study period at Curtin University
- Maintain a course weighted average (CWA) of at least 70 each study period
- Pass all units attempted each study period
For further information about applying for scholarships including important dates and tips for preparing your application, utilise the resources available on the Applying for Scholarships webpage.