2023 Global Curtin Scholarships - Diplomatic Scholarship
Applications open: 1/08/2022
Applications close: 15/10/2023
About this scholarship
Australia is a nation of growing regional and global importance, which comes with growth in foreign and diplomatic ties. Perth continues to grow and attract foreign investment, bringing with it growth in consular and diplomatic activities. Through this scholarship, Curtin University provides eligible students of any citizenship (except Australian), either in Australia or coming to Australia on a visa subclass of 995, an opportunity to pursue a world-class education. This scholarship awards eligible international students 25% off the tuition fees for the first year of the course. This scholarship aims to foster trust and confidence in Curtin University as a place for students to further their studies, careers and life experiences.
- Future Students
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Postgraduate coursework
- International Student
- Need Based
This scholarship provides eligible students 25% off the first-year tuition fee up to a maximum of 200 credit points only.
- All undergraduate degrees available to international students (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery excluded)
- All postgraduate courses (master by coursework) available to international students
To see available courses to international students. Please refer to: study.curtin.edu.au/
To be eligible students must:
- be international, full-fee paying, non-sponsored students carrying an Australian Diplomatic visa
- meet Curtin University's academic and English language entry requirements
- must be commencing an undergraduate or master by coursework course in 2023 at one of Curtin's Western Australia campuses (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery excluded)
- Can only be applied in full for students who are completing a minimum of 400 credit points within their mainstream course
- Will only amount to 25% of the first semester tuition fee for students who are completing a minimum of 300 credit points
within their mainstream course
- Students cannot apply for this scholarship if they are a recipient of, or have applied for, any other Curtin University scholarship
- Students must provide evidence of their Australian Diplomatic visa at time of application for the course
- Scholarships are not available to students coming to Curtin via sponsoring bodies
- Offer cannot be deferred beyond a 2023 start date
There is no separate scholarship application required. Students are invited to apply through any one of Curtin University registered education agents OR apply direct via Curtin online.
Admissions will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
To prevent the scholarship being revoked, the recipient:
- Must remain enrolled as an international student for the duration of the Scholarship. If your citizenship changes during the Scholarship period, the Scholarship will only be applied to the units you completed as an international student
- Must remain enrolled in initial course and major of study unless approved by Global Admissions
- Must maintain a full time enrolment each semester or study period
- Cannot breach the scholarship conditions outlined in their scholarship offer document
- Cannot take a leave of absence or withdraw from their units or course of study
- Cannot be terminated from studies
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
T: (Calling from within Australia) +1300 222 888 (Select Options 2-2-1)
T: (Calling from overseas) +61 8 9266 5888
Global Admissions is located in Curtin Connect, Building 102.
Business hours: 8:30 am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.