2023 International Onshore Postgraduate Support Scholarship
Applications open: 1/08/2022
Applications close: 15/10/2023
About this scholarship
Curtin University is pleased to offer eligible students our International Onshore Postgraduate Support Scholarship through the 2023 Global Curtin Scholarships program. This scholarship is offered in support of the Australian Universities’ alumni and is available to students who are in Australia commencing a Masters by coursework program at Curtin.
- Future Students
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Postgraduate coursework
- International Student
- Need Based
This scholarship provides a maximum of 20% off the 2023 first-year tuition fee up to a maximum of 200 credit points only.
- All courses which do not have a quota or competitive entry.
This scholarship is only for:
- New students commencing a Master by coursework program in 2023, with a duration of at least 1.5 years (300 credit points)
- International, full fee-paying, non-sponsored students.
- Onshore students who have studied at an institution or university in Australia
Please note that this scholarship:
- Only covers tuition fees and does not cover any other international student expense.
- Can only be applied in full for students who are completing a minimum of 400 credit points within their mainstream course
- Will only amount to 20% of the first semester tuition fee for students who are completing a minimum of 300 credit points
within their mainstream course
- Student cannot be awarded any other additional scholarships or fee offset for their mainstream course for their first year of studies.
- Will not be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin.
- Is not available for Australian citizens
- Cannot be retained if the recipient defers their studies beyond a 2023 start date.
- Cannot be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- Can be revoked at the discretion of Curtin if the recipient already has a scholarship, sponsorship or fee offset for their mainstream course.
- Can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
There is no separate scholarship application required. Students are invited to apply through any one of Curtin University registered education agents OR apply direct via Curtin online.
All qualifying applications to Curtin are automatically assessed for the International Onshore Postgraduate Support Scholarship.
Changes to Enrolment
To prevent the scholarship being revoked, the recipient:
- Must remain enrolled as an international student for the duration of the Scholarship. If your citizenship changes during the Scholarship period, the Scholarship will only be applied to the units you completed as an international student.
- Must remain enrolled in initial course and major of study unless approved by Global Admissions.
- Must maintain a full time enrolment each semester or study period (unless prior approval for an exception has been sought and approved by Curtin and any other necessary persons and you have ensured the exception is in accordance with any relevant visa requirements).
- Cannot breach the Scholarship conditions outlined in this document.
- Cannot take a leave of absence or withdraw from their units or course of study (unless prior approval for an exception has been sought and approved by Curtin and any other necessary persons and you have ensured the exception is in accordance with any relevant visa requirements).
- Cannot be terminated from studies.
- Must abide by Curtin’s policies, Student Charter and not be found guilty of serious misconduct.
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
T: (Calling from within Australia) +1300 222 888 (Select Options 2-2-1)
T: (Calling from overseas) +61 8 9266 5888
Global Curtin is located in Curtin Connect, Building 102
Business hours: Mon - Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm