2023 - Destination Australia Scholarship - International Students
Applications open: 1/10/2021
Applications close: 15/02/2023
About this scholarship
The Destination Australia Scholarship has been developed by the Australian Government to encourage students to study in regional Australia whist receiving a high quality learning experience. The scholarship is available to mining and metallurgy students who will be completing their full degree at the Curtin Kalgoorlie campus.
Whilst studying at Curtin Kalgoorlie, students have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and build industry networks. The Kalgoorlie campus also provides access to modern accommodation, a gym, outdoor recreation spaces and a thriving student social club.
Applications are open until scholarships are exhausted.
- Future Students
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Postgraduate coursework
- International Student
- Merit Based
This Destination Australia Scholarship is valued at AUD$15,000 per annum for the duration of your postgraduate degree.
The scholarship will be paid as a cash stipend of AUD$15,000 per year.
- Master of Professional Engineering (Mining Engineering)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Metallurgical Engineering)
- International, full fee-paying, non-sponsored students
- International students who are studying on a valid student VISA
- Evidence of academic merit for the highest completed qualification
- You must remain enrolled at the Kalgoorlie campus. 75% of your course needs to be completed at our Kalgoorlie Campus for courses with a duration of 2 years or less
- Not available to students who are sponsored by a government entity or a corporate body
- Can be revoked at the discretion of Curtin if the recipient already has a scholarship, sponsorship or fee offset for their mainstream course.
- Enrolled full-time
NOTE: Students who completed their undergraduate / postgraduate degrees in Bentley campus and will be commencing their new course (in one of the eligible courses above) in Kalgoorlie campus in 2023 are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Step 1: Submit an application for the course of study
- Submit an application for an eligible course
Step 2: Destination Scholarship Application
- Submit a one page Statement of Purpose with your application demonstrating “How the Destination Australian Scholarship will assist you in reaching your career goal and how it will help you make tomorrow better”.
Step 3: Assessment
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic merit
Step 4: Outcome
- Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the Global Curtin Team, prior to the commencement of the upcoming intake.
- All successful applicants will be notified
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must accept and sign the terms and conditions and return to Global Curtin on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient merit
- Scholarship will commence from the semester of study for which the scholarship was awarded
- Scholarship is not transferable to another major, campus, course or university
- The award and continuity of the scholarship is subject to receipt by Curtin of the scholarship funding from the scholarship sponsor
Recipients must meet ALL of the following:
- Remain enrolled in initial course of study at Curtin Kalgoorlie
- Maintain a full time study load of 100 credit points each study period
- Maintain a course weighted average (CWA) of at least 50 in each study period. Academic monitoring of scholarship recipients will occur each study period
- Pass all units attempted each study period
Changes to Enrolment
Personal Information: Personal information will be managed in accordance with the Destination Australia 2020 Grant Opportunity Guidelines and Curtin University’s Privacy Statement.
Withdrawal or Terminated from units or course: A recipient who withdraws from their units or course of study, or has been terminated from their studies will become ineligible for the continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further payments and will be required to repay to Curtin University the stipend awarded for that study period if applicable.
Cancellation of Scholarship: Notwithstanding any provision above, Curtin reserves the rights, at its sole discretion, to cancel the award of, or continuity of, the scholarship where the sponsor ceases to fund the scholarship.
T: +61 8 9266 5888