2023 Global Curtin Scholarships – Malaysian Australian Alumni Council (MACC) Scholarship
Applications open: 15/09/2022
Applications close: 30/06/2023
About this scholarship
Curtin University strives to give high achieving Malaysian students to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education. Through the MACC Scholarship, Curtin rewards high performing international students from Malaysia to study at Curtin University.
This scholarship category awards eligible students 25% off their first year of tuition. Curtin University acknowledges the importance of being one of Australia's most multicultural university campuses and this scholarship aims to grow the trust and confidence in Curtin University as a place for students to further their studies, careers and life experiences.
- Future Students
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- International Student
- Merit Based
This scholarship provides eligible students 25% off their first year tuition fee, up to a maximum of 200 credit points only.
- All undergraduate degrees available to international students (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Science (Nursing), Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy) (Honours) and Bachelor of Science (Speech Pathology (Honours) excluded)
Please see Curtin's website for more information about courses.
This scholarship is only for:
- Malaysian citizens, who are international full fee-paying students
- Students not in receipt of another Australian or foreign sponsoring organisation scholarship
- Students who have achieved 80% or equivalent in their last completed qualification, and a minimum overall IELTS band score of 6.5 with 6.0 in each sub-band or equivalent level in a recognised test.
- Students commencing studies at Curtin’s Western Australia campuses for the first time in 2023
- Students entering first year of a full Curtin undergraduate program (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Science (Nursing), Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy) (Honours) and Bachelor of Science (Speech Pathology (Honours) excluded)
Please note that this scholarship:
- Covers a maximum of 25% of the first-year tuition fee up to a MAXIMUM of 200 credit points only
- Can only be applied in full for students who are completing a minimum of 400 credit points within their mainstream course
- Will only amount to 25% of the first semester tuition fee for students who are completing a minimum of 300 credit points within their mainstream course
- Only covers tuition fees and does not cover any other international student expense
- Will be credited to recipient’s fee account by census date of the study period
- Scholarship value credited cannot be accessed/refunded in cash
- Can be revoked at the discretion of Curtin if recipient already has a scholarship or sponsorship
- Can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified
- CANNOT be retained if a recipient defers their studies beyond a 2023 start date
- CANNOT be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university
- Will NOT be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin
There is no separate scholarship application required. Students are invited to apply for the Curtin course through one of Curtin University registered education agents OR apply directly to Curtin online
All qualifying applications to Curtin are automatically assessed for the Global Curtin Merit Scholarship. Global Admissions will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
To prevent the scholarship being revoked, the recipient:
- Must remain enrolled as an international student for the duration of the Scholarship. If your citizenship changes during the Scholarship period, the Scholarship will only be applied to the units you completed as an international student
- Must remain enrolled in initial course and major of study unless approved by Global Admissions
- Must maintain a full time enrolment of 100 credit points each semester or study period
- Cannot breach the scholarship conditions outlined in their acceptance document
- Cannot take a leave of absence or withdraw from their units or course of study
- Cannot be terminated from studies
- Must abide by Curtin's policies and procedures, Student charter and not be found guilty of serious misconduct
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
T: (Calling from within Australia) +1300 222 888 (Select Options 2-2-1)
T: (Calling from overseas) +61 8 9266 5888
Global Curtin is located in Curtin Connect, Building 102.
Business hours: Mon - Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm