2023 HDR Scholarships in refining the chronological record of mineralisation and metamorphism through the application of in situ Lu–Hf and Rb-Sr analysis of minerals
Applications open: 8/06/2023
Applications close: 10/07/2023
About this scholarship
A fully funded 3-year PhD project on the application of in situ Lu–Hf and Rb-Sr analysis of minerals to date mineralising or metamorphic events is available. In this project we seek to further develop QQQ reaction cell mass spectrometry with the aim of directly dating differing styles of mineralising, metamorphic and fluid flow systems. The student would be supported by the MinEX CRC and a minimum of one-year would need to be spent at both Curtin and IIT-Kharagpur (India) as part of our joint doctoral program.
- Future Students
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Higher Degree by Research
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- International Student
- Merit Based
This scholarship provides a living stipend of $32,250 p.a. pro rata indexed, based on full-time studies, for up to a maximum of 3.5 years. International students will receive a 100% fee offset for up to 4 years. Support for fieldwork, analytical time, travel, conference attendances and publications will be fully covered by the scholarship.
Any HDR student wishing to study in the Doctor of Philosophy - Applied Geology
- Must have a BSc Hons (first class) or Masters (by research) in geoscience (ideally related to geochemistry / isotope geology, metamorphic petrology, structural geology or geochronology) by the time of appointment.
- This project would suit a candidate who has an interest in the application of geochronological techniques to hydrothermal and metamorphic systems and has an interest in gaining experience in both isotope dilution and beam-based methodologies.
- A minimum of one-year would need to be spent at both Curtin and IIT-KGP as part of our joint doctoral program.
- The candidate requires the ability to work both independently and with a broad range of people from diverse backgrounds, as well as evidence of strong oral and written scientific English language competencies.
- The candidate requires a demonstrated commitment to publish results in scientific journals. Evidence of research experience, academic awards/publications/presentations at conferences is desirable.
Email applications with the email titled “MinEX PhD” to email@example.com.
Applications should contain a 2- to 3-page CV and a 1-page motivation statement, together in a single pdf, labelled “Lastname_FirstName_MinEX_PhD”.
Applications failing to use the correct email title, or provide incomplete documents may not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants will have an online interview invitation by 15th of July 2023. If you have not heard from us by the 31st of July then, your application was unsuccessful.
Recommended applicants will be provided with further information on the PhD enrolment process at Curtin University (including upload of certified transcripts and demonstration of English language requirements).
Recipients must complete their milestone 1 within 6 month of enrolment and remain enrolled on a full time basis for the duration of the scholarship
Please contact Chris Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any informal enquiries