2024 - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship Program (Future Students) - EXTENDED
Applications open: 24/07/2023
Applications close: 24/11/2023
About this scholarship
The Scholarships Office aims to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students by providing a simple application process.
This scholarship program allows students to submit one application form and be assessed for all scholarships they are be eligible for.
If you would like any assistance with your application or if you would like to speak with someone about this Scholarship, please contact the Scholarships Office or the Indigenous Student Support Team.
Please note that applications for the 2024 UBL Regional Bursary will close on the 27 October 2023. If you would like to be considered for this scholarship, you will need to submit your scholarship application by the stipulated closing date.
- Future Students
- Centre for Aboriginal Studies
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Pathways to undergraduate
- Postgraduate coursework
- Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Students
- Australian Citizen
- Need Based
- Merit Based
There are many scholarships available in 2024 with varying benefits. Some scholarships provide cash payments (one-off and continuing), others provide support for fees or potential site visit and vacation work opportunities.
For successful applicants, the value of the scholarship they have been awarded will be listed within the scholarship terms and conditions.
All enabling courses, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply through the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship Program:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
Other eligibility criteria will vary according to the scholarship. (The Scholarships team will assess and match you to all scholarships you are eligible for. Usually if you are successful for more than one scholarship, you will be awarded the highest value scholarship. In some cases, you may have the opportunity to select your preferred scholarship.)
Step 1: Access application form
- Application form can be accessed via the ‘My Studies’ tab in OASIS or via the ‘Apply Online’ button on the top right-hand side of this page
Step 2: Complete
- Complete the application form online
- Application form can be saved at any point of the process
- Tips on how to complete your application can be found on the ‘Applying for scholarships’ link on the scholarships website
Step 3: Submit
- Closing date is listed at the top of the page and within the Scholarships Channel on OASIS
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed
- Once submitted, application status will change to submitted
Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt will be sent to student email once application has been submitted
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using one or more of the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application form
- Academic merit
- Financial need
- Socioeconomic background
- Any other relevant criteria specific to the scholarships you have been chosen for consideration
- If you are eligible for scholarships with additional selection criteria, the Scholarships Office may ask you to supply further information or supporting documents
- If you are eligible for some particular scholarships that require an interview, the Scholarships Office may contact you regarding the interview:
- Shortlisted applicants will be sent an interview date and time via their student email within 2-3 weeks of the scholarship closing date
- Shortlisted applicants must be available for designated interview time (mid-September)
Step 6: Outcome
- All successful and unsuccessful applicants notified of their outcome via the Scholarships Channel (Student OASIS) within 6-8 weeks of the scholarship closing date
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must accept the terms and conditions via the Scholarship Channel (Student OASIS) by the deadline
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient need or merit
Requirements vary for each scholarship. If you are eligible for a particular scholarship, the Scholarships Office will direct you to the enrolment requirements for that particular scholarship.
For further information about applying for scholarships including important dates and tips for preparing your application, utilise the resources available on the Applying for Scholarships webpage.