Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS)
Applications open: 1/01/2021
Applications accepted at any time
About this scholarship
Australia Awards Scholarship (AAS) are funded by Australian Government to provide higher education opportunities for people from developing countries to study in Australia to build the skills and knowledge to drive change as the next generation of global leaders. These scholarships aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia's partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. Scholarships are mainly at postgraduate level however there is a limited number of undergraduate scholarships (country specific).
Curtin will work with AAS recipients to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to drive change and contribute to the economic and social development in your home country and build enduring connections within the community.
- Future Students
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Pathways to undergraduate
- Postgraduate coursework
- International Student
- Merit Based
AAS are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees.
- Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route.
- Establishment allowance—a once only payment of AUD$5,000 as a contribution towards as accommodation expenses, text books, study materials.
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by Australian Government. From 1 January 2015, CLE payable to Scholars studying under an AAS is AUD$30,000 per year.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the student's basic medical costs (with the exception of pre existing conditions).
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
- Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar's academic success or enhance their academic experience.
- Fieldwork (for research students only)—may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
AAS are offered to people from Africa, Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific. You can find out how to apply and the key dates specific to your country. Use the link below to find out if your country is eligible.
or for further information about studying at Curtin as an AAS recipient go to: http://international.curtin.edu.au/scholarships/australia-award-scholarships/
For details of how to apply and application forms go to: http://dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/pages/participating-countries.aspx
Open & Close Dates are Country specific: http://dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/australia-awards-scholarships-opening-and-closing-dates.aspx
If you would like further information about studying at Curtin as an AAS recipient, contact the International Sponsored Students Unit (ISSU).
International Sponsored Students Unit (ISSU)
Curtin International (Building 101), GPO Box S1512, Perth 6845, Western Australia
Manager and AAS Institution Contact Officer
Tel: +61 8 9266 2437
Sponsored Student Co-ordinator and AAS student Contact Officer
Tel: +61 8 9266 1941
Sponsored Student Co-ordinator and AAS Student Contact Officer
Tel: +61 8 9266 1192
The Australian Awards Scholarship entitlements generally apply to all recipients. To find out more, visit the AAS benefits page.
Africa, Indonesia or Papua New Guinea
If you are from Africa, Indonesia or Papua New Guinea, please visit the relevant page below to find out specific information about AAS offered in your country: