Australian Building Codes Board Research Scholarship
Applications open: 1/01/2012
Applications accepted at any time
About this scholarship
The scholarship has been established to encourage undergraduate and postgraduate research in the field of building regulations in Australia. The scholarship is available for students undertaking study in the field of Built Environment or Engineering at an educational institution. Applicants may be studying full-time, part-time or externally and there are no residency/citizenship requirements.
Research areas identified as priorities by the ABCB Office include sustainability (including energy efficiency), health and amenity, fire resistance, and structure. Research topics that align with the ABCB work program will be considered.
- Current Students
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- International Student
- Merit Based
$5000 for 1 year only
There is an opportunity to submit an article for presentation in an ABCB publication upon completion and submission of the research project.
- Architecture / Planning / Built Environment
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be students currently undertaking:
- undergraduate or postgraduate studies in Building, Building Surveying, Fire Engineering, Architecture, Construction, Plumbing, Hydraulic Design or similar at an Australian educational institution; and
- research that forms a component of a program or course at an educational institution (e.g. tertiary), such as a research project, thesis or dissertation.
The scholarship has no residency/citizenship requirements and applicants may be studying full-time, part-time or via correspondence.
For more information on the Student Research Scholarship Program, please submit an enquiry using the online enquiry form.
For application forms and further information visit the Australian Building Codes Website.
Please see the Australian Building Codes Scholarship information for further information.