2018 - Science & Engineering International Merit Extension Scholarship
Applications open: 1/01/2018
Applications close: 31/12/2018
About this scholarship
Curtin University acknowledges the importance of being one of Australia's most multicultural university campuses and this scholarship aims to grow the trust and confidence in Curtin University as a place for students to further their studies, careers and life experiences.
Curtin University strives to give high achieving students around the world the opportunity to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering is proud to offer Science and Engineering students the who commenced the first year of their degree on the 2017 Curtin Innovative Merit Scholarship the opportunity to be considered for the 2018 Science and Engineering International Merit Extension Scholarship; an ongoing merit-based scholarship which will cover the remaining duration of their degree program.
The Science and Engineering International Merit Extension Scholarship is designed to award high achieving students, and is open to eligible students who are citizens of:
Bangladesh, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Kenya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Current Students
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Engineering courses
- International Student
- Merit Based
- The Science & Engineering Merit Extension Scholarship will provide 25% of annual tuition fee for the remaining duration of the recipient's degree program.
All Undergraduate within the Faculty of Science & Engineering available to International Students.
Please refer to Curtin's handbook at: https://scieng.curtin.edu.au/study/undergraduate/
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for a Science and Engineering International Merit Scholarship:
- Have been a recipient of the 2017 Curtin Innovative Merit Scholarship
- Must have commenced a full undergraduate degree in Semester 1 or 2, 2017 at Curtin University, Western Australia
- Must be international, full fee-paying students
- Must be citizens of Bangladesh, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Kenya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Must have met Curtin University and course academic and English language entry requirements
- Cannot be studying at Curtin via a sponsoring body
- Must not have received any credits for recognised learning (CRL)
- CWA of 80 or above
- Currently on an academic status of 'Good Standing'
- Enrolled in full time study load of 100 credit points
- This scholarship is not deferrable
- Course availability may result in a student not being able to continue a program of their choosing
- Only covers tuition fees and does not cover any other international student expense
- Will be credited to recipient’s fee account at commencement of studies and cannot be accessed by them
- Will not be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin
- Cannot be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university
No application is required for this scholarship, please see information below on the assessment and awarding process:
- Students who were in receipt of the 2017 Curtin Innovative Merit Scholarship will automatically be assessed for eligibility by the Faculty of Science & Engineering and will be advised accordingly of their success or otherwise
- Students may be required to adhere to terms and conditions surrounding their scholarship
- Students will not be considered for this scholarship if they are a recipient of, or have applied for, any other Curtin University scholarship
Unless there are exceptional circumstances such as, but not limited, to medical or family reasons, students must meet ALL of the following:
- Maintain a 'good standing' status
- Maintain full time study load of 100 credit points each semester
- Maintain an ongoing course weighted average of 80% or above
- Must remain international students through the duration of the scholarship period (penalties may apply for students who withdraw or are terminated from their scholarship year, and tje recipient will be required to pay all scholarship benefits received)
- Students who switch courses may no longer be eligible for the scholarship at the discretion of their School
- Curtin University has the right to withdraw the scholarship at any time
Curtin Science & Engineering
Curtin Connect Building
Building 102, Benltey Campus
P: 1300 222 888 (8.30am - 4.30pm)