2019 - Semester 2 - Curtin International Scholarships - Australian Year 12 Scholarship
Applications open: 20/03/2019
Applications close: 7/07/2019
About this scholarship
Curtin University understands there is a growing body of international students around the world studying for an Australian high school certificate. In support of this cohort, this scholarship aims to assist international students of any nationality except Australian, who successfully complete an Australian high school qualification either in Australia or overseas. Curtin offers an extensive range of undergraduate programs and this scholarship will help these students to pursue their dreams and continue their education association with Australia.
In addition, if you enrol in a Curtin English Language program before starting your studies, you will receive a maximum of 10 weeks free English. If you require more than 10 weeks' English tuition to meet our requirements, fees apply for the tuition.
- Future Students
- Year twelve students
- International Student
- Merit Based
This scholarship provides eligible students 25% of their first year tuition fee, up to a maximum of AUD$10,000.
- All undergraduate degrees available to international students.
Please see Curtin's website for more information about courses.
This scholarship is only for:
- International, full fee-paying, non-sponsored students of any nationality except Australian
- Students commencing studies at Curtin’s Western Australia campuses in 2019
- Students commencing a full Curtin undergraduate program
- Students who have accepted their mainstream course offer by the 7th July 2019
In addition, applicants must also must meet Curtin University's entry requirements relevant to their course through completion of:
- The Australian Capital Territory Year 12 Certificate, either in Australia or overseas, OR;
- The New South Wales Year 12 High School Certificate, either in Australia or overseas, OR;
- The Northern Territory Certificate of Education, either in Australia or overseas, OR;
- The Queensland Certificate of Education, either in Australia or overseas, OR;
- The South Australian Certificate of Education, either in Australia or overseas, OR;
- The Tasmanian Certificate of Education, either in Australia or overseas, OR;
- The Victorian Certificate of Education, either in Australia or overseas, OR;
- The Western Australian Certificate of Education, either in Australia or overseas, OR;
- Canning College Western Australian Universities’ Foundation program (WAUFP), OR;
- Earlier versions of the above certificates as recognised in Curtin’s entry requirements
Please note that this scholarship:
- Covers a maximum of 25% of the first-year tuition fee up to a maximum of 200 credit points only
- Only covers tuition fees and does not cover any other international student expenses
- Will be credited to recipient’s fee account at commencement of studies and cannot be accessed by them
- Can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified
- Can be revoked at the discretion of Curtin if recipient already has a scholarship or sponsorship
- Is not for students granted CRL (Credit for Recognised Learning) for any part of their studies
- Cannot be retained if a recipient defers their studies beyond a 2019 start date
- Cannot be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university
- Will not be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin
Students are invited to apply as normal for their chosen undergraduate or master program through any one of Curtin University registered education agents
Students can also apply online
All qualifying applications to Curtin are automatically assessed for the Curtin International Year 12 Scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required.
Admissions Office will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
To accept the scholarship, the recipient must:
- Meet any conditions listed in their Letter of Offer
- Have met entry requirements relevant to their chosen course of study
- Accept their Letter of Offer as per the instructions provided
- Pay the indicative deposit and OSHC indicated in their Letter of Offer
- Be aware of the dates and deadlines by which the above need to have been completed
To prevent the scholarship being revoked, the recipient:
- Must remain enrolled in initial course and major of study unless approved by Curtin International
- Must maintain a full time enrolment of 100 credit points each semester or study period
- Cannot breach the scholarship conditions outlined in their scholarship offer document
- Will lose the scholarship if a leave of absence is taken, or if they withdraw from their units or course of study
- Will lose the scholarship if terminated from studies
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
T: (Calling from within Australia) +1300 222 888 (Select Options 2-2-1)
T: (Calling from overseas) +61 8 9266 5888
International Future Student Services is located on the Bentley Campus (Building 102).
Business hours: Mon - Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm